POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : StarGate : Re: StarGate Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: StarGate
From: Chris B
Date: 23 Jun 2008 14:26:47
Message: <485feae7$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote in message
>> Just to inflict interest, here a poor man's attempt:
>> Needs so much work. Like building a model, argh. Crude bumped disk so
>> far.
>
> The inner ring has all the interesting glyphs (39?), I think you could
> save those out as heightfield images, it's probably most of the detail
> of the stargate. There's some ribs between the glyphs, more
> crenellation on a lip, and a tapered inner edge.

Sounds like a perfect collaborative project for the object collection.

I reckon I can do the Glyphs for the Milky Way stargate pretty quickly
because there's an SVG by Max Willis on the Wiki, so I can convert them into
prism objects using Inkscape and cut them out of the inner disk using CSG.

So does the inner ring have a wedge shaped cross-section?

Regards,
Chris B.